Wednesday, October 05, 2005

He speaks through psalms.

Psalm 45: 10-11
New Living Translation

Listen to me, oh royal daughter; take to
heart what I say.
Forget your people and your family
far away.
For your royal husband delights in
your beauty;
honour Him, for He is your Lord.


Psalm 45:10-11
re-translated by me...


long for me. long to hear me. long to know my voice
and follow.
you are my favourite, my heart, my true love.
open yourself to hear me. let
eagerness well up inside
of you.
let go of the hurt in your past, the shame
you feel.
forget that you hurt me,
I have forgiven you.
your broken heart is now mine, and
it's beautiful to me.
I am captivated, fascinated, and
completely ravished
at the sight of you.
I love you. I love you. all I can do is love you.
and I'll lead you. I'll give you real life
if you'll just love me too...





during lecture, we often study and break down verses, and analyze word by word the true meanings...usually our leader takes the original Hebrew translation, and relates it to us...
this was a personal assignment that we were asked to do...and basically after giving the true meaning behind some of the words in the original verse, we were asked to rewrite it in our own words as if God were speaking it directly to us...

it really hit home after i did that...and it's amazing how powerful it was...
just wanted to share it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jes...we love you so much.......mom and dad
be strong and very courageous deut 31:6

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jess..You are the glorious Image Bearer of the Lord Jesus Christ- the crown of his creation. You have been assaulted. You have fallen to your own resources. Your Enemy has seized upon your wounds and your sins to pin your heart down. Now the Son of God has come to ransom you and to heal your broken wounded bleeding heart and to set your free from bondage. He came for the brokenhearted captives. That's me. That's you. He came to restore the glorious creation that you are. And then set you free...to be yourself.
Taken from the book Captivating by John Eldredge-Awesome book for women! So is Wild at Heart for men.
You are in the right place to be going through this stuff. It'll hurt but it's worth it. Don't worry about that enemy. He knows he's losing ground but you have people back home prayin' up a storm for ya!