Friday, June 24, 2005

yearn...

Holy design
this place in time
that i might seek and find my God
my God

Lord I want to yearn for You
i want to burn with passion
over You
and only You
Lord i want to yearn

Your joy is mine
yet why am i fine
with all my singing and bringing
grain
in light of Him

oh You give life and breath
through Him you give all things
in Him we live and move
that's why i sing

Lord i want to yearn for You
i want to burn with passion
over You
and only You
Lord i want to yearn.

-shane&shane



This song is incredible, and it speaks such volumes to me because that is truly what I desire. I have been thinking a lot about relationships, and love lately, and i have realized how much i have missed the point over the last years..I really have tried to find my identity in relationships and people without finding my true identity in God, and being consumed first with a love for Jesus. I think that God has really been teaching me that the last little while, and although it is kinda hard to be single sometimes, I'm learning to let Him fill those empty parts in my heart, and learning His love for what it REALLY is, and not what I've made it to be.

I used to think that it was kinda wierd when people said that they wanted to "fall in love" with Jesus, but I understand it now...it's falling in love in the sense of being absolutely consumed and overwhelmed with the other. It's falling in love in the sense of wanting nothing else, but just to be in the others presence. It's falling in love in the sense of completely living for, and forsaking everything else for the other. It's a yearning in our heart, a true longing. We have such a people view of this kind of love, and today's society so often takes real love for granted. I think that it is because we can't truly understand that kind of love without God. I really believe that we need to experience and understand love and relationship with Him before we can even start to understand fully how to love anyone else.

So I am a work in progress...in serious progress! But as time moves, I am being healed of my past, and growing in ways I never knew. God is awesome...

And I guess I am writing this to share where I am at, but also to inspire all of you to really strive to fully know Jesus. Forsake everything else in your life, and really LOVE Him. Be consumed. Long for Him, and let Him be the only one to fill that longing. When we do that, He will show us real love and teach us how to give that love...

---------

God loves you. Personally. Powerfully. Passionately. Others have promised and failed. But God has promised and succeeded. He loves you with an unfailing love. And His love - if you let it - can fill you and leave you with a love worth giving.
Max Lucado

No comments: