Thursday, June 30, 2005

P O T A T O

okay...every single muscle, and bone in my body is aching...but i am loving every minute of it. :)

i know...wierd, but I am LOVIN the potato farm! People think I'm crazy for leaving my cushy desk job to work on a potato farm, but i wouldn't trade it for anything right now. And really...its not all that much about potatoes. I mean...yeah I do go out every morning and take walk through specific fields and check the plants and stuff...but the rest of the day is crazy full of ALL KINDS of stuff! We've played with horses, ripped out a basement, landscaped, grocery shopped, shoveled muck, and even cleaned buckets of fish guts...what can I say...I lead a glamourous life :)

I know some of this stuff sounds kinda sick, and sometimes it does get a little nasty...but its amazing how it doesn't even phase you after a while Besides, I'll be one tough cookie by the time I'm done there!

The cool thing is that I come to work every morning (7AM, oie!) and i never know what my day will hold...every day is new, and there is always TONNS of stuff to do! fun dilly crazy kind of stuff!

So yeah! that's pretty much the extent of my life right now...haven't done much else outside of work cuz when I get home...I'm way super wiped, turn into a veggie, and crash the couch for the night...but it should get easier I think...first week's always the toughest :)

Well I am going on the youth retreat with Mel and Jer from Thursday till Sunday next week...should be awesome FUN! I am also excited to get to know these kids a lil better, and see what God's been up to.. :) I said before too...these kids are incredible. I know that God's got some SERIOUS awesome stuff in store for them. They're just a really cool group of kids.
I really wish that I had a group like that when I was growin up...but I guess now I'm just gonna have to make up for lost time...I'll be the twenty three year old that's way too OUTDATED and UNCOOL to hang out with! HA! I love it.

Anyways...just wanted to send an update and let you know where I've been... :) so exciting my life is...I know! Long weekend is here! gotta work tomorrow...but I think it's just a half day. Then its off to cottage, camping, and bbq!

Have a good weekend ya'll! Be safe, and kind to each other...

peace.

jes~

ps...20 days till my birthday!! teehee..

1 comment:

A L said...

hey great little update! nice to hear you're enjoyin the farm! do you know these people who own the place? i used to work at a horse stable all through my highschool years. when i wasn't serving God, horses were kinda my only love... i shoveled the s*** for a living! haha... super dooper pooper scooper. Pro Mucker.

they are forwarding my reference on to "prayer" now at ywam! yay! nice to know they do that. to make sure God wants us there.

how is your ywam money raising going?

ali