Well the day has FINALLY ended...I am completely WIPED OUT, but seriously HAPPY! Just to fill you in, we had a garage sale to help raise money to cover the cost of my DTS...
So...I got up this morning at 6AM (MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!) to start pulling stuff out of the garage to price, and place, and sell, sell, sell! My dad helped me get all my tables set up, while my mom made a HUGE pot of coffee, prepared the snack table, and started pricing. Janna was soon to follow with a roll o tape and a marker. We scrambled it all together, set out our signs and waited for people to show...and man did they show!
I was a little worried about what the outcome may be as I hadn't advertised AT ALL for the sale (oops), and didn't have many large items...I had my jewelry and cards all set up on a table hoping for the best, but really...all I could do was wait and see.
Of course the drizzle in the morning didn't seem to make things any better, but to my surprise, people kept coming, kept buying, and we were having a BLAST!
By around 2:30pm, the crowds had started to slow, so we thought it may be a good time to pack things up...of course as soon as we began doing that, people started to swarm in and dig through the boxes!
It was almost 4 o'clock when we finally called it a day, and I went inside to count the coin. WHA-POW!
$600 SERIOUS DOLLARS!!
Can you believe it?? Dad said that all morning he was praying that we would raise at least $500, and that it wouldn't rain! Apparently God answered his prayer, and then some!
So! I am completely blown away about it all..I haven't heard of someone making that much on a garage sale in a while! God is GOOD! :)
I just wanted to say thank you to a couple people...ya know...officially!
Mom, Dad, Mel, Jer, Janna, and Joshijah- :) What the heck would I have done without you guys! You all were some serious help in so many, so many ways! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!
Carley and Jefferson- I can't even believe how much stuff you donated Carley! Thank you soooo much! And thanks to both of you guys for coming all the way to "A TOWN" to shop a little...
Opa- For thinking of me, even though I was really last minute in telling you, and for putting up with whackloads of people outside your window all day :)
Chris Isnor- For making it fit :) Your stuff raised some nice profits! You're so thoughtful...Thank you so much!
Chris Lugowski- You are awesome for rallying up fun stuff to sell! Thank you!
Gerald Span- For biking over some last minute donations! Thank you so much!
Jim Ingram and Tina Hajicosti- Thanks for swinging by, and paying the most I've seen someone pay for a coffee! :)
Melva Vail- For coming by with your cute little pup and supporting me! Thanks!
Jacquelynn, and Katrina- You two were so much fun! My marathon shoppers!
Amanda Coates- You were the final blessing to the day! Thank you so much for your donation, and your thoughtfulness!
And to everyone else who came by and spent their time and money to support me! Thanks for just making such a fun day! You all are kicken! Today has exceeded all of my expectations! I am so grateful!
It's now 11:30...and I am GOING TA BED!
Love you all!
peace.
Saturday, June 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment