I do hafta say today was a good day. I locked myself in my room for most of the day and just hung out with God. I really enjoyed myself. I have had a real longing to just get away and spend some quality time with Him, and today was my day...finally. Pretty amazing stuff. I've realized the importance in just being in God's presence and letting Him lead me, and speak to me any way that He needs to. I had a real serious time of confession, and some intense prayer time, and then just reading and studying His word. *okay...so I'll admit, I slept a little...but it was a GREAT lil nap, and I think it was part of my rejuvenation HA!* Seriously though. Spending time like that is crucial sometimes...
I had to speak at youth group tonight. oie. That was a lil nerve racking. Never given my testimony or shared a word from God like that before. But hey...God uses stuff like that to stretch us right? It was good. God gave me the verse from Acts 2:38 - confessing our sins, allowing God to change us, the symbolism of baptism, and the promise He makes to give us the gift of His Spirit. I know its a typical "getting saved" verse, but God showed me a different level of that, and how we need to make sure we're doing this on a daily basis. I think that at the end of it all, I learned more than anyone. :)
I love that group of kids though, and I truly believe that God has some serious AMAZING things in store for them.
SO! That was my day...
This week I am just chillin like a villain. I'm not working yet. Gonna start after I do a road trip with Jer and Mel and Jos down ta TEXAS! yesssssss..
So this week I am just gonna get creative and maybe make some stuff. I'm helping mam and my aunt open up the cottage on Thursday...YAY! And I am having a garage sale on Saturday to help raise some coin for my DTS. Should be fun..I love garage sales! I hope it doesn't rain.
Happy 77th Birthday Gramma! I love you like CRAZY.
and Nik...I love you gurl. My heart was with you all day.
Monday, May 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey stranger...
Just wanted to say that you are an inspiration! You are an amazing chick-I've always thought so-and not just 'cause your my cuz, but because you have such a strong, colourful spirit.
Just thought you should know!
Great site-love it!
Talk to ya soon!
Love ya-K
Post a Comment